For most people, the purchase of their home is the most significant item of expenditure they will every make in their lifetime. A Building Survey (previously known as a Structural Survey) is a detailed inspection of the structure and fabric of the building as far as they are accessible. We provide a comprehensive written Report, including photographs of the main defects. We are also able to provide post-Survey support, by telephone or email, to assist you with the necessary enquiries before proceeding with the purchase.
Do I need a Building Survey?
There is a common misconception that a valuation survey is the same as a Building Survey, the two are not to be confused. A Building Survey is an in-depth report, providing you, the Purchaser, with detailed information relating to the property. We are an independent company of experienced Building Surveyors, who specialize in the type of work. Report which is solely for your benefit. The Report will enable you to make an informed decision as to whether to proceed, and possibly to renegotiate the purchase price if significant defects are discovered.
RICS Level 3
Our comprehensive Reports will:-
- Provide you with a detailed inspection report, suitable for all residential types;
- It can be tailored to suit specific requirements i.e. in connection with future alterations;
- It includes photographs of the main defects and where appropriate, advice as how to budget future expenditure;
- It identifies short and long-term repairs and can be used to renegotiate where it is appropriate;
- It is independent of any lender.
ISVA HomeSurvey Report
As an alternative to the comprehensive Building survey we can offer the ISVA HomeSurvey Report for modern properties. This is a a concise alternative to the Building Survey.