Ian Hyman & Co Ltd take your privacy seriously and we will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the services you have requested from us.
How we use your personal information?
- We use your personal information in a number of ways to:
- Provide you with the service or information you have requested.
- Contact you with appropriate marketing messages where you have given us permission to do so.
- Ensure we contact you based on your preferences depending on the permission you have given us – this may be by post, email or telephone.
- Improve our services and products we provide.
- Keep a record of your relationship with us.
What personal information we hold about you?
We only ask you to supply information that we need in order to provide the service you have requested.
- Your name.
- Your contact details – email, phone numbers, postal address.
- Details of the service you are interested in.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Much of our processing will be under the basis of “contractural obligation” in other words we need and use your personal information for providing services we offer or you have contacted with us for.
However, when you have unambiguously opted to receive information from us, our processing will be based on consent. Of course, you will always have the opportunity to object as detailed below. Asking us to suppress or remove your personal information.
Should you wish to not receive information from us in future when you can quickly action this by sending your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will quickly supress your data.
Should you further wish for us to remove your information entirely (and assuming we have no other obligation to keep it) then please let us know and we will do this – but we would encourage you let us use it for suppression purposes only.
For clarity Data Supression refers to the removal of any unwanted records from a contact base.
What to do if you have a complaint?
If you have a complaint please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com who will deal with your request promptly:
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you can refer your complaint to UK Information Commissioner’s office at https//ico.org.uk/concerns.
Where we collect your personal information from:
- We collect personal information about you in several ways:
- Via our websites when entering forms.
- When you contact our office by post, phone email
- When submitting an online enquiry form.
Who we share data with?
We do not share your information with any third parties unless required to do so by law.
You have given us permission to do so.
How we keep your personal information up to date.
Ian Hyman & Co Ltd has a legal obligation under data protection legislation to keep the personal information it collects accurate and up to date. Among other things it helps us ensure that we do not contact you with inappropriate information and marketing messages.
We keep information accurate by:
- Giving you the opportunity at any time to contact us to correct or change your information screening your name and postal address information against Royal Mail’s National Change of Address file: where you have given your permission to Royal Mail, we can either update our records with your new address or note you have moved so we don’t send anything to your old address.
- Using information publicly available to us.
- If you contact a member of our team we may ask you to confirm certain details.
- When we receive undelivered mail, emails, or confirm telephone numbers.
It is important for both you and us that your personal information is correct. If you believe this is not to be the case, please email the amended details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you to verify your identity.
How can you find out about this information we hold about you?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us using the contact details in this privacy notice.
We will get in contact to verify your identity and if we do hold information about you we will:
- Give you a description of it.
- Tell you why we are holding it.
- Tell you who it could be shared with.
- Let you have a concise and clear copy of the information.